Caring for Your New Windshield
Once your windshield is installed, there are specific care instructions that you must follow to ensure a good installation:
- Your vehicle needs to sit for a minimum of ONE HOUR before you drive it. This allows the adhesive to dry, providing a good, strong seal.
- Do not slam your car doors with all of the windows closed for a minimum of 48 hours. The molding and adhesive are “curing” or drying, and a slammed door might puncture the seal. If weather permits, keep your door windows rolled down slightly, and close your doors very gently.
- Do not use your sunshade or replace your dash mat for a minimum of 48 hours. You don’t want anything to push against the windshield and touch the wet urethane during that period.
- We often use tape to secure your windshield moldings while the adhesive cures. Although you may not like the appearance, leave the tape in place for a minimum of 24 hours following installation.
- Do not put your car through a high pressure car wash for a minimum of 48 hours. The pressure of the water against a new installation can displace the moldings. Allow your windshield, adhesive and moldings the full 48 hours to become set and dry. A hand wash, however, is acceptable during that time.
These simple instructions will protect your investment of a new windshield against immediate problems. Bear in mind that choosing NOT to follow these instructions may void your lifetime warranty.