What Is The Best Way To Clean Auto Glass?
The importance of clean glass for the safety and aesthetics of your vehicle cannot be overstated. Clean windows help drivers drive better and avoid accidents. Dirty windows decrease the ability of a driver to see possible dangers on the road. While not difficult, it is important to pay attention to a few details to make your windows as clear as possible. Not only will your vehicle look better but you’ll also be increasing your visibility and lowering your chance of an accident.
Things To Keep In Mind While Cleaning Vehicle Glass
- Do not use cleaners that contain ammonia (in almost all household cleaners) because of the damage it can do to car parts made out of vinyl, leather, plastic, and rubber (in almost all internal parts and wheels), and due to the dangerous fumes. Never use ammonia-based cleaners on tinted windows!
- Use cleaners that state they are made for vehicles and safe for tinted windows.
- Do not forget to roll down your window a couple of inches to wash and dry the top edges of the driver and passenger windows.
- Remember, you spend most of your time looking out of your windshield–does it not make sense to spend a little extra time and effort on this important piece of glass? Using a good glass polisher will add clarity and a little extra protection to your glass.
- While you’re cleaning, it doesn’t hurt to give your windshield wipers a short wipe down so the debris that sticks to them will not be redistributed back onto your clean glass.
Keeping these simple tips in mind will help make your time in your car safer and more enjoyable.